Class ; Minshara
Diameter ; 13,000 - 14,000 km
Location ; Ecosphere
Surface ; 65% water coverage, 35% land mass
Atmosphere ; Nitrogen, Oxygen, trace elements
Life-forms ; Extensive vegetation and animal life. Inhabited by sentient beings
Class ; M
Official Name ; Nolfia
Political System ; Nolfian Guard (consists of both Republican and Imperial values and practices)
Capitol ; Yukaan State
Dominant Species ; Nolfians (humanoid canines)
Population ; 3.1 billion
Warp Capable ; Yes
Points of Interest ; Alterian Ice Caves, Opusleian Steam Baths, Yukaan State Northern Falls, Lumaatan Theatre, Temple of Kayeth
Planetary System ; They call it the Carsenthian System which lies a little beyond that of what used to belong to the Iconians before they became extinct 200,000 years ago. The Carsenthian System boasts that of ten planets of various classes, but only three are inhabitable. The classes of the 10 planet system go in the following order;
B, N, M, M, J, H, L, L, D, D. It can be considered an eight planetary system as Dwarves are not strictly true planets.
Language ; Out of many that used to exist, Nolfian has only one dialect left that is spoken world-wide as a need to communicate and trade developed. Unlike Earth where its inhabitants are encouraged to know more than one language, it is generally considered inefficient if one Nolfian cannot understand another, regardless of tribal origins.
Currency ; Juk & Ku (Equivelant to pound and pence)
Governing Body ; The major ruling body is that of a Senate, which consists of five to seven members of each tribe on Nolfia. They congress in Yukaan State Colony, the capitol of Ku'sar and all Nolfia. They hold meets or sessions once or twice a week, more if emergency demands it. Since Senators are either retired soldiers who have gone in a political career or are career politicians with Guard influences as regards to homeland security, their decisions are always heard and advised by the General of the Guard who is often referred to in session as the Imperial Party.
Warp Status ; Advanced - Whilst they have had impulse for a long time, it was only during the Alterian skirmishes before the completion of the Great Unification that warp came about. If General Kunama had not reconciled with Commander Ger'ac of the Alterian Imperial Army, than it would have likely won the Ku'sarans the war. With the Unification complete and the Senate formed, it was put to use for exploration and planetary defence. Over time, the fleet grew into the fleet it now currently is.
Legal System ; Surprisingly similar to Terran legal systems, the compassionate nature of Nolfians empower a judge, a jury and two representative of the defence and prosecution. The Jury must reach a unanimous decision before sentence is given. Trials last a certain amount of days but does not usually go further than three Terran weeks.
- Denser bone structure and strength, a male Nolfian can typically lift four times their own weight, females can lift thrice times their own.
- Acute senses but their sense of smell remains the more developed. As each scent is as unique as the next, scents work like fingerprints... which Nolfian's lack.
- Typically tall with the exception of Beyu
- Typically have very good memories
- They can survive without food for at least two months. They have not dared to test it any longer than that.
- Whilst they can stomach select vegetable matter, they are purely carnivorous in nature. Unlike Klingons however, who like their food living, Nolfians prefer their meat dead and raw.
- Long life expectancies ranging from 350-450 years
- Similar to Klingons, they have a militaristic, warrior mentality tamed by compassion and honour.
- Susceptible to birth and genetic defects but this counts for 12% of the population
- Born blind, lasts for six-seven months before they can begin to see
- Childbirth is hazardous for Nolfian women and are often always done in a medical facility with assistance.
- For all their advantages, Nolfians do not deal with pain very well once adrenaline from a battle wears off. They feel pain more acutely than any other known humanoid.
Nolfia is a majority pagan society
- Gu'Moa - God of the Universe
- Si'Miru - Creator of all Life
- Kra'set - God of Violence, Destruction and Desecration
- Anua - Goddess of Prosperity
- A'Sante - God of War and Victory
- Xenti'na - Goddess of Love and Marriage
- Hurun - God of the Dead, Keeper of Souls
- Uruk'kye - Guardian of the Underworld
- Nolya - God and Protector of Nolfia
- Kralekti - Goddess of Justice and Law
- Ju'ar - God of Ra'Va (sun)
- Wa'kre - Goddess of the Oceans
- Pu'ua - Goddess of Script, History and Knowledge
- Caru - God of Mischief and Trickery 'Caru's Law' is equivalent to 'Murphy's Law'
There are a sect of Nolfian society who choose to believe in a singular deity called Maw'ne, who sums up all of the above. However, they are few in number and it is very likely that the pagan ways are on Nolfia to stay.
Marriage of Bond Mates
The attractions between a male and a female relate to how they feel and what their sensory receptors are telling them. It is much like how Humans will go about courtship and marriage. Either gender can initiate a relationship.
A married couple are known as Bond Mates and normally mate for life, as it was in their evolutionary history. In the Nolfian language, the union is called Yu'La'No and it is a very sacred act. It can be conducted by either one of a high enough military rank (usually Captain and above) or by a Priest of the Order of Xenti'na.
Nolfians can have from one to three pups in a litter but more often than not is usually just the one. Nolfian children start school young, four to six the usual ages for educational entry.
Nolfians read the body language of another as well as they can read the identifying scents of individuals. In some cases, it is what makes the difference between a life and death situation. Whilst similar, the body language of a male and that of a female are somewhat different in the fine print.
Whilst a human male might find the curves of the human female or the way she moves and looks or talks at him seductive, it is all about the jaws, tail and ears for the Nolfian male.
The ears are a sure-fire way of telling if a Nolfian is giving you their part or full attention by the way they're facing. Nolfian ears can turn forth and back much in the manner of horses than of their canine relatives. However, in the manner of telling if a female has interest in the male, they will not give tell of attention. The tail will often twitch and flick in a certain way. This is only suggestive to the male if both are occurring. If the tail isn't twitching whilst the ears remain facing forwards, then it's more likely the female's not very impressed or is ignoring the male.
Whilst male and female are equal in most things in modern times, looking for a mate is still female dominated. The female will often choose the strongest male out of those seeking her affections. This is not always the case but it is the most common. Once a pair join in a bond, they bond for life. Divorce is unheard of and is usually frowned upon though it is possible.
Nolfia used to have three military sections, just as Earth used to but when warp capability came into effect, the Air Wolves and the Guard merged. Nolfia now only consists of only two sects; the Guard and the Sea Wolves, who exist for Homeland Security and Oceanography pursuits for Scientists.
New recruits must spend a total of five years at the Guard Academy. Nolfian ranks consist of the following. Their equivalents to Terran ranks are provided.
- K'sa - Has two classes - Cadet
- Sien - Has two classes - Ensign
- Leita - Has three classes - Lieutenant
- Mensa - Commander
- Mensa Feta - Commander In Chief
- Genka - General
- Amensa - Admiral
There are at present twenty-six different tribes of Nolfia. Any that are highlighted in Red are or have been a warring faction before the Great Unification.
-  Ku'Saran - Most known and have various fur patterns. Typically own large ears that are typically straight and pointed, a long bushy tail and a long strong jaw. Typically seven to eight foot in height. Their fur is always short except for the tail and rear, where it is somewhat longer.
-  Alterian - Typically have long white fur that insulates them from the coldness of polar weather. They range from six to seven foot in height, folded small ears, small jaws and a short, stubby tail that helps to minimise heat loss. Alterians go through a winter and summer coat as the tundra tribes do. this helps to maintain the health of their fur for the next winter.
-  Qumalan - Typically six to eight foot in height and have bulky shoulders. They have very short fur, well muscled frames, short muzzles and have a no-nonsense approach to life
-  Ulan - Often bay black in colour, delicate features. Typically seven to eight foot with a lanky but athletic build.
-  Phadan - Typically mottled skewbald or piebald with long ears that droop down, much in the way of Saluki's.
-  Jumalan - Also typically piebald or skewbald with long, wavy fur and long thin tails.
-  Her'zunian - Range from 5'8" to 7" in height, always a bluish grey though some may have white patches here and there. Not uncommon for their hands to be rough and appear mangy
-  Huk'ranian - Share characteristics with the Her'zu, but vary with dark grey as well and typically taller at 7-8 feet.
-  Leskan - Typically have short tan or brown fur either with black stripes or mottled spots. Long jaws and pointed ears.
-  Ma'Karan - Bulky, their fur ranges from blacks, browns and whites and can be mistaken to belong to other tribes. Head shapes can either be domed or pointed with folded or straight ears.
-  Beyuvian - Shorter muzzles than most to the point of being almost pug-like, their ears are folded over much in the way of Terran Greyhounds and are always a golden yellow. Often called the Pygmies of the Nolfian race, they rarely get over four foot.
-  Armikan - Fur is always a soft brown colour with an orange tinge, their tails are short and thin with folded ears.
-  Or'aortan - Their fur is always a bay black and brown in a layered effect with a long and bushy tail with large ears. They bear what would be termed as a roman or a 'bull terrier' like nose.
-  Lumaatan - Fur is always a jet, glossy black with long fur and it is very rare for a Lumaatan to have a different eye colour than of bright blue and usually hints at a mating with a member of a different tribe.
-  Kay'lan - Fur ranges from a bluish black to tabby variants of black, ginger and tortoise-shell. Folded ears and stub-like or curly tails
-  Cahteyan - A desert people, their feet are larger than average for Nolfians, have long tails and large ears that seem to big for their skulls. Fur is always tan or dun with short fur, though it will grow longer in winter months.
-  V'Zahn - Can be any fur colour but their ears are large and floppy that often hang much in the way Terran Bassett Hounds do. They share many of same traits as Cahteyan or T'rartan.
-  T'rartan - Shares common traits with the Cahteya and V'Zah but are typically shorter than their desert compatriots. Their fur is always a silvery grey and tend to prefer dawns and dusks than any other time of day.
-  Frel'naran - A rare tribe and thought to steadily be going extinct but the reason has yet to be discovered. Often a deep maroon red or roan (think Red Setter), long furred and have thin, but curly tails.
-  I'Dolan - Said to be more aquatic in nature as they as much at home in the water as they are on land. Their feet are even webbed and are thought to be a throwback to evolutionary history. Their fur is often a bluish white and their tails are long and muscular with a wider end to aid in swimming.
-  Riotan - Always amber in fur colour though is often coupled with blue grey, black or brown. Their eye colour is always a light blue and tend to have longer fingers and thumbs over other tribes.
-  Exliren - A small tribe and an island nation, their fur patterns vary and can seem like most other races if not for their large noses, short tails and short, folded ears.
-  Ke'rican - Their is usually a dark grey to silvery black, though some may show tri-colour patterns. Sheepdog-like in nature, the fur seems to accentuate their eyebrows. Their tails have long fur as does the rest of their body and tends to have a distinctive curl.
-  N'Calan - Also tend to be a dark grey or silvery black but are more Great Dane-like if a Terran breed was to be compared. They are tall and muscular and always have deep voices.
-  T'ler'Kan - Another small tribe and often small in stature themselves though they can reach five and half foot in height where the Beyu cannot. Their fur is always a soft peachy or a sandy golden coloured, short and soft with long jaws
-  Op'usle'ian - Their fur is short and typically white, greyish blue or piebald/skewbald in nature and is often course and wiry. Their ears are short and folded with thin short furred tail.
Fauna and Floral Statistics
- Rok'sa - Herbivorous quadrupeds that can run both on four legs and on two legs. They are a widespread creature but are more centrally found in hotter regions. No variants of Rok'sa live in the poles but some are occasionally found living in tundra conditions with some difficulty out of a need to find food when there is no other choice. They are reptilian in nature and range in a variety of colours. They have horn-like structures on their heads that are mostly digging up their favourite roots or tubas, though males will use theirs in courtship battles.
- The female of the species is comparatively much darker with the male of whom sports splashes of strong block colour across the face, shoulders and tail. Outside of courting rituals to win female rights, Rok'sa are known to be completely docile and gentle. They live in family units and have good memories much in the way of Terran elephants. The only comparison they have with Terran creatures is of the extinct hadrosaurs.
- Some Rok'sa have been domesticated due to their willingness to work and through their weight into their tasks. They are often used for farm work or to pull heavy loads. However, some are also used to pull carriages along and have become a favourite amongst tourists.
- Toskra - A carnivorous relative of the Rok'sa, they are pure killing machines. Whilst they cannot run on two legs as Rok'sa do, they can rear up to reveal their warning displays on their undersides. They are far more aggressive than their docile cousins and are very hard to gain the trust of let alone tame. Very few Nolfians dare to get near them and only a select few have even ridden them. Male and female Toskra do not have any special outward display of gender and have similar patterns and colour variants. They are mostly either a sandy red, amber or dun and are built much like what you would get if you bred Postosuchus with Gorgonopsid. They are fast and agile with a jawfull of serrated teeth perfectly design for sinking and biting off chunks of flesh.
- Kutsahn - Distinctly and mostly cat like but also have a very skunk-like appearance. They typically have bushy long fur that is rather rigid or stiff in certain places on their bodies. They are possessive and can be dangerous given that they employ venomous barbs in their manes however once their loyalty is won, they make for wonderful companion pets and they will fiercely guard the home against intruders. Much like Terran porcupines, if they turn and arch their backs, it's usually a sign they will attack. They usually come in three colours; black, white and dun with black or white tips. They are often given to children when they are kitts as to form a friendship that will usually last them a long while. A Kutsahn has a life expectancy of roughly fifty Nolfian years. They are both wild and domestic, though wild Kutsahn are often more unfriendly to outsiders.
- Nol'aht - These carnivorous quadrupeds are thought to be the evolutionary bi-cousins of Nolfians and their genetic make-up is very similar to the DNA of Nolfians. They are playful and a friend to all but aren't very useful guarding much of anything. It often takes a while for Nol'aht's to learn to get along with the Kutsahns in the home but after a time, the Kutsahns will learn to guard the Nol'aht as well. Nol'aht's are typically very small and almost Pug or Pekinese like in nature.
- Monaght - They do not have fur of any kind but they are very agile and sensitive to sounds. They have ambidextorous and flexible hands and are often working animals. They are often trained to retrieve the Nolfian coffee bean and other fruits that are too high up for Nolfians to reach. Their intelligence is limited and understand simplistic sound commands. Monaght's come in various sizes and colours, most are nocturnal but they have become increasingly used to daytime movement.
- Hukra - Distinctly deer or antelope like in build and both the female and male can sport a set of majestic antlers. These are often used for riding and come in a wide range of colours. Their fur constantly grows and whatever is cut off is used for making clothes and stuffing with. They have become an important part of military culture and effigies of them are littered all over Nolfian construction and in design. To own a Hukra used to be a sign of status and the cavalry were highly respected for to ride a Hukra is to manage its spirited nature. Rider and Hukra typically are companions for life once that Hukra accepts the Nolfian.
- Rechiff - These animals are 'stoat' like in appearance and can only be found in Alteria. They do not survive well outside of cold climates and are often used to retrieve items or as family pets. They are loyal but mischievous, always getting themselves into trouble.