Pets on a Starship
Recently, several members have expressed an interest in having pets on board. After conducting a poll and discussion with the admin staff, we have decided to let the members have pets on board. HOWEVER, there are several points that must be followed:
- They are NOT allowed in duty areas at any time.
- All pets must be small, under 40 pounds.
- Owners are responsible for feeding and cleaning up after their pets. It is not the job of the environmental service team to clean up your dog's poop.
- They must remain in the person's quarters except for visits to the animal specialist for occasional checkups.
- The character is NOT to post one-person RPs that involve just them and their pet.
- All pets will have an electronic chip implanted under their skin so that they may be found at a moment's notice should they get away. The animal specialist will see that this is done.
- Pets count in your personal weight allowance on the ship.
- In a crisis situation, your pet is not to take priority over your duties.
- Non-Federation alien species are not to be exposed to your pet without express approval from the medical staff.
- All pets must be neutered/spayed. There will be no puppies, hamsters, etc born on the Talon.